Follow Me on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Reno, Nevada, United States
Wife of Michael and mother of Sophie and Sadie. Lover of all things food, creator of healthy and delicious eats. Enjoys good wine and great company. Advocate of health and fitness. Steeler Fan. Future cooking television personality (hey, it doesn't hurt to put your dreams out there!).

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Single Dish, 6 Ingredients: Rosemary Garlic Chicken with White Beans and Mushrooms

Pin It

Do you ever have those nights where you really don't have time to cook? I do! My daughter sometimes has what I like to call the 5:00pm blues. There are nights where she gets extremely fussy around this time and I have to devote 99% of my attention to her. That is where meals like this come in to play. I can throw all of my ingredients in to one dish and toss that sucker in the oven. This meal is quick, easy and delicious.

Tip: Do you feel like buying herbs can be expensive? I do! Mostly, because I rarely use all of what I buy. I'll just need a little rosemary, or a little thyme for a recipe and the rest usually goes to waste. The fix, plant a small herb garden. Herbs are easy to care for. Plant your herbs where they will get plenty of sun and clip them as you need them. You can start them from seedlings in April or May, depending on where you live or you can buy the small potted kind for less than $5.00. It is the gift that keeps on giving and personally saves me money and waste. In the winter, bring them inside and keep them near a sunny window.

Ingredients

3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 10 ounce package of baby bella mushrooms, quartered
2 cans of navy beans or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
3 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
4 chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste

In a large baking dish toss together garlic, mushrooms, white beans, rosemary (reserve two pinches) and olive oil. Place chicken in dish, sprinkle with rosemary and try to coat in a little mixture, salt and pepper to your liking. Bake covered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, remove cover and bake addition 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.



Serves 4. Approx 350 calories and 9 grams of fat

No comments:

Post a Comment