Follow Me on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Reno, Nevada, United States
Wife of Michael and mother of Sophie and Sadie. Lover of all things food, creator of healthy and delicious eats. Enjoys good wine and great company. Advocate of health and fitness. Steeler Fan. Future cooking television personality (hey, it doesn't hurt to put your dreams out there!).

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Baked Panko Macadamia Nut Chicken Fingers with Mango Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce

Pin It

For those of you who follow my blog, you've probably noticed I have been using macadamia nuts in my recipes lately. I've also been using a lot of mangoes. About a week ago my husband and I decided we really needed to work on our baking. We didn't want Sophie's friends to tell her our cookies sucked. We've made a few batches of chocolate chip cookies (sucessfully, might I add!), but we also bought ingredients to make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies. My husband banned me from making cookies until we get back from our beach vacation in Cabo, so I decided to use the nuts in my cooking. As for the mangoes, the store I shop at has had them for $1.00 each. I a huge sucker for tropical fruit, like pineapples and mangoes so I have been loading upon them when they go on sale.

Baked Panko Macadamia Nut Chicken Fingers

4 chicken breasts
2 eggs
1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
½ cup flour
¼ cup crushed macadamia nuts
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
A few sprays of non stick cooking spray.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pound chicken breast to ¼ inch thickness. Cut each chicken breast in to four strips.  Whisk two eggs together in a bowl.  In a separate bowl mix together panko, flour, macadamia nuts, salt and cayenne pepper.

Dip chicken in egg batter, then coat chicken in panko mixture and place on a lightly greased baking sheet and spray each strip with a little cooking spray.

Bake chicken at 425 for 12- 15minutes, until cooked through with light golden exterior.

Mango Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce

½ cup diced mango
¼ cup course ground mustard
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp canola or vegetable oil

Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth.

Serves  4. Approx 316 calories and 8.5 grams of fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment