Follow Me on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Reno, Nevada, United States
Wife of Michael and mother of Sophie and Sadie. Lover of all things food, creator of healthy and delicious eats. Enjoys good wine and great company. Advocate of health and fitness. Steeler Fan. Future cooking television personality (hey, it doesn't hurt to put your dreams out there!).

Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Sunday morning suggestion: Skinny girl pancakes

Pin It
I love pancakes, but the water bed tummy my baby left me with does not! Besides, a heaping portion of pancakes leaves me feeling like I ate a ton of bricks and doesn't really fullfil very many health requirements for the day, other than a buttload of carbs and usually fat! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, make it a healthy one. Give my skinny girl pancakes a try for a great way to start the day.

2 packets of lower sugar instant oatmeal (I like the cinnamon apple for this)
6 egg whites
1 tbsp water
a dash of cinnamon
a drop or two of vanilla


Preheat a skillet. In a blender combine all ingredients and blend on high for about 10 seconds. Spray your skillet with a little non stick spray and pour batter to form 4 inch pancakes. Cook until lightly golden on each side.

Top with all natural or sugar free syrup to keep it really low cal. For some freshness top with your favorite fruit.

For all you protein junkies out there, add a tbsp of protein powder and an additional tbsp of water to the blender before mixing.

Yields two servings. Approx 161 calories and 1.5 grams of fat per serving.

1 comment: