Follow Me on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Reno, Nevada, United States
Wife of Michael and mother of Sophie and Sadie. Lover of all things food, creator of healthy and delicious eats. Enjoys good wine and great company. Advocate of health and fitness. Steeler Fan. Future cooking television personality (hey, it doesn't hurt to put your dreams out there!).

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Egg Flower Soup... the best sick day soup ever

Pin It














Sophie recently got a cold that ended up turning into a pneumonia. Don't worry, she is ok now. :)  However, she did pass her little germs along to myself, Michael, my mother in law and my brother in law. It's crazy how sick that little bundle of love can make you. She's given me the stomach flu and several colds. I've been battling a cold for a 2 1/2 weeks now. When I am sick, I love soup. There is something about being sick and slurping down warm goodness that makes you feel a little bit better. I love egg flower soup when I am sick, because it is so quick and easy to make. It can literally be made in the time it takes to boil water. It's that quick. In the spirit of cold and flu season, I thought it would be nice to share my recipe.

  • 6 cups of chicken stock (homemade or store bought)
  • 6 eggs, two full eggs and four egg whites whisked together
  • 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
  • 1/8 tsp sesame oil (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste


In a large sauce pan bring 6 cups of chicken stock to a boil. Next slowly pour in eggs in little drops. Add sesame oil and green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment