Follow Me on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Reno, Nevada, United States
Wife of Michael and mother of Sophie and Sadie. Lover of all things food, creator of healthy and delicious eats. Enjoys good wine and great company. Advocate of health and fitness. Steeler Fan. Future cooking television personality (hey, it doesn't hurt to put your dreams out there!).

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Clean Eating Tacos

Pin It

I am on day three of Advocare's 24 day challenge. A huge part of this plan is clean eating, and I mean uber clean eating. No dairy, no sugar, no refined flour and only low glycemic carbs. This morning, I weighed in at the 48 hr mark and found I'd lost 2.5lbs already. Some could be water weight, but I've actually been drinking more water than I ever have before. I've been drinking 120+ ounces a day. So far, I'm pretty impressed. I've had the challenge adjusted, so that I am only using Advocare products that are safe for breastfeeding and as mentioned previously, I'm downing water like never before, which helps with flushing out any toxins. I feel really good. I have energy, and seeing immediate results is always motivating. Any who, I'll post about my 24 day journey as I go along. If you are interested in checking out any Advocare products or the 24 day challenge, you can do so here. Tonight, I'm making tacos. I'll be going tortilla-less, by using butter leaf lettuce as my taco vessel, and I'll subbing black beans for my carb, but the rest of the family will be having wheat and black bean tortillas. 














Ingredients:
  • 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • 1 green chile, diced (I used a mild Anaheim, since my 2 year old will be eating this)
  • 1 small white onion, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 cups spinach or kale, chopped
  • 1 lb lean ground turkey (I'm using 99% fat free)
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
  • salt to taste

Over medium heat, saute tomatoes, green chile and onion together until onions are translucent. Add garlic and spinach, saute another minute. Add turkey, breaking up in to little pieces and cook until meat is fully cooked (meat is completely white and firm- no pink). Add all spices and stir together.

Serve in lettuce cups or on whole grain tortillas. Top with avocado or other favorite toppings (keep it clean!)

Serves 4


No comments:

Post a Comment